Developers new to magento often mix up their mvc concepts with magento’s mvc and as result get confused.
Lets try to understand how it works in magento.
- There is main entry point “i
ndex.php"which will load whole application and start it.
- Base on the requested URL appropriate controller will be called.
- Controller defines the pages and load the layout files for those pages.
- Layout files tells the controllers which block files to use.
- Block files collect the data from models and helpers files and pass it to templates files.
- Templates files receive data and render html.